Q: How can I personalise my creative repair?
A: It's really easy to make your creative glue fix look gorgeous. If you're fixing any ceramics, pottery or any earthenware, why not try your hand at KintsugruTM, and make your repair visible, in true celebratory fashion.
For other ways to perfect your fix, try these techniques.
- You can shape Sugru with your fingers.
- For a precise edge, use masking or painter's tape.
- Rub soapy water onto the Sugru to achieve a nice, smooth finish.
- Use everyday objects to create different textures (toothbrush, scalpel, thimble).
- Embed different materials into the Sugru.
Colour-match your Sugru repair by mixing different colours together.
Pro tip: If your texturing tool sticks to the Sugru, just dip it into soapy water. Alternatively, use cling film (Saran wrap) or something greasy like petroleum jelly (Vaseline) to prevent Sugru from bonding to surfaces you don't want it to.