Accounts Payable Assistant
We are looking for a committed individual who is organised, meticulous and detail oriented. You will have handled the accounts payable function before and should have a good level of understanding in accountancy, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills.
We are seeking a junior in accounting to take responsibility for the accounts payable function at Formformform Ltd (Sugru). Reporting to the AR/AP manager, this role is critical to the continued growth of our company. We are growing rapidly so we need an individual who can work efficiently and effectively. The successful candidate will:
- Record all supplier invoices, check and reconcile supplier statements on a regular basis. Communicate and maintain a good relationship with all suppliers including dealing with enquiries and disputes.
- Track supplier due dates and prepare reports for the payment runs and set up payments in the bank.
- Be responsible for tracking and recording company credit cards spend and staff expenses.
- Obtain approvals for invoices before payment based on the approved authorization policy.
- Ensure all finance related documents are filed properly, and maintain an efficient and effective filing system.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required from time to time as part of a small finance team and contribute to the team as a team player
- Organise and improve the accounts payable function and take complete ownership of the function.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience working in accounts payable, ideally but not essentially, in a manufacturing focused business. Experience of an ERP system (like SAP) is preferable. You will ideally be comfortable working in a small, fast path, and driven team.
You may be pursuing an AAT level certificate or equivalent level of qualification and a study package may be offered for the right candidate. In terms of approach and style you will have a profound understanding of teamwork. Some of your attributes will include:
- Attention to detail and numeracy
- Organised with an inclination to improve efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms
- A cheerful, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to and keen to learn fast.
- Be pro-active, and a good team player
The salary range is 20k to 22k, negotiable depending on experience, and a negotiable study package.
FormFormForm Ltd manufacture the consumer product sugru which people all over the world are using today. Our brand promise is centred on empowering our consumers to fix and improve the things in their everyday lives. We are focussed on innovation in everything we do including our manufacturing. Our core technology is already patented and our challenge is to manage our growth to the benefit of our employees, customers and shareholders. If you are looking for excitement and challenge in a career we’re looking forward to hearing all about you. Don’t just send us your CV, tell us why you are the right person to take responsibility for the manufacture of a product as awesome as sugru!
SHARE this idea