Accounts Receivable / Credit Controller
We are looking for a bright, ambitious Accounts Receivable Assistant /Credit Controller who is organised, meticulous and detail oriented. You’ll have around 2 years’ experience working in the AR function in a growing company that has a significant e-commerce/online sales channel. You’ll ideally have worked on invoice factoring arrangements but this isn't essential. You’ll have a good level of understanding in accountancy, and excellent communication skills, displaying diplomacy and tact, as you’ll be dealing with internal stakeholders and external customers and suppliers.Read more…
On a day to day basis, your responsibilities will include:
Invoicing, Receipts and Credit Notes
- Creating Sales Invoices in SAP and sending invoices to customers through the ERP mass delivery system
- Posting receipts and allocating to invoices. Reconciling customer accounts based on customer statements.
- Tracking credit notes on customer portals, getting them authorised and posting in SAP.
- Maintaining all customer portals accesses and accounts information.
- Monthly sales reconciliations for management accounts.
BP maintenance and credit control
- Maintaining the BP master for customers in SAP to ensure that all customer details are up to date. Creating new customers when required.
- Regular review of customer accounts to identify overdue invoices & sending follow up emails in a timely fashion.
- Regularly liaising with the sales team for overdue accounts and credit notes.
- Processing payments for customers on credit cards
Payment Portals and Reconciliations
- Recording payments received through payment portals such as Paypal.
- Reconciliation of payment portal balances monthly.
- Processing refunds for online orders
Bank Reconciliations, Transfers and Balances
- Reconciling bank accounts on a weekly basis after payments are posted by the AP assistant.
- Recording interbank transfers in SAP & setting up interbank fund transfers
- Updating daily and weekly bank balance dashboards
- Ensure all finance related documents are filed properly, and maintain an efficient and effective filing system.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required from time to time as part of a small finance team
- As well as your Accounts Receivable and E-Commerce/online experience, you’ll have worked in a business where there are multiple cost centres and you’ll love working in a fast-moving SME.
- You’ll relish working in a busy Finance function and be superb at prioritising and multi-tasking.
- You’ll be autonomous, proactive and you’ll have amazing attention to detail as this is a role that requires a large degree of accuracy.
- You may be pursuing an AAT level certificate or ACCA, CIMA and a study package may be offered for the right candidate. In terms of approach and style you will have a profound understanding of teamwork.
- Experience working on an ERP (SAP B1) would be an advantage.
If you think you’re up to the challenge of working in our exciting business, tell us more about yourself, don’t just send us your CV!
Salary £30,000 per year plus potential study package & benefits