IT Solution Support Specialist
We are looking to appoint a talented, progressive IT Solution Support Specialist. With two main spheres of focus:
- Further develop and deploy SAP Business One as the backbone of our finance and operations system.
- Advance our web environment and our bespoke e-commerce platform.
The successful applicant will be responsible for not just implementing but also steering our strategic initiatives to leverage our key systems in a way that helps us grow. You will execute the technical implementation of key projects.
This is a role for a fast-learning, can-do, problem solver who can help give shape to our vision and grow. We will prioritise talent over qualification and drive over experience. We will invest in your training if you show us you have what it takes.
What will your core deliverables be as our IT Solution Support Specialist?
- Manage the development, deployment and improvement of software solutions that meet the needs of our growing business.
- Develop our in-house expertise both personally and with colleagues in our SAP Business One set-up so that we can...
- improve the quality, accuracy and timely availability of financial data
- improve the accuracy and accessibility of product master data
- improve the effectiveness of our MRP planning to serve customers better
- integrate data flows with key partners via our NetEDI deployment
- Contribute to the development of our bespoke ecommerce platform working with our chosen development partner (this is a Ruby on Rails solution).
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of our project management tools and documentation of all our IT projects so that we get more predictable results from the investments we make in IT.
- Improve the methodologies we use to test our software solutions to ensure their deployment is never a distraction to the business.
- Develop and deploy appropriate tools to monitor our software solutions to ensure the highest levels of availability and reliability and to ensure we are getting value from partners like AWS services.
- Invest in deepening our relationships with key partners and when appropriate develop plans to make necessary migrations from existing to new partners.
- In time we will expect you to take responsibility for the costing and cost control of CAPEX projects and the oversight of relevant IT OPEX budgets supported by our finance team.
- Finally, if you are the right contributor to our journey, there will be plenty of scope to take on responsibility for steering the strategic choices we make and helping define which projects we take on in future.
What skills and experience will be useful?
- You’ll be an experienced Project Manager or Programme Manager, with skills as a Business Analyst, Implementation Manager, Systems Analyst or any other relevant technical role. You’ll have worked in a fast-moving, SME or growing business, rather than a large corporate, as it’s important that you understand our environment and our challenges.
- The ability to get your head around software solutions and understanding how to use software to solve business problems effectively.
- An aptitude to get hands on and be comfortable in the details of how it all works so that you can help our users understand how it works.
- Project Management skills will be important to keeping things in control and on schedule. You’ll have a natural aptitude to plan and manage. We will support you on this score with formal training if appropriate, but you need to be someone who likes getting projects done.
- It will be essential that you can explain to others how solutions work, that you can reassure colleagues that processes make sense, that you can show managers that plans are viable and on time. Not over the top. Just good communication skills.
The next few are not show-stoppers for a fast learner, but they will be seriously useful...
- SAP Business One knowledge / experience
- NetEDI and EDI interfacing in general
- Ruby on Rails web-shop development
- These last few are a bit more in the “like to have” category but advantages nonetheless...
- Familiarity with AMS deployments
- Formal Project Management qualifications & decent Microsoft Office Skills
- Familiarity with ERP and Integrated Business Planning,
- Experience of Cost Tracking and Budgetary Controls
- Decent Spanish and/or German a bonus
Send us a CV or Resume so we have the basic idea.
Accompany it with a short note that spells out the three main reasons you are our best candidate, & a few sentences on why you want to work at Sugru will help us understand where you are coming from.
Salary: circa £38000 to £40000 plus benefits, could be negotiable for a superstar!