Key Account Manager - UK
This unique opportunity will be mostly office based with some travel, and will suit an exceptional, ambitious, Key Account Manager with a consumer product background who has experience of selling into retailers and developing these accounts. You’ll need to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the UK consumer market and retailers and be able to build relationships across multiple categories to maximise Sugru sales. There will be extensive scope to progress your career within our exciting, fast-paced business.Read more…
The UK Account manager position will be instrumental in elevating the sales presence in UK for Sugru to new levels. The position is intended to call on key retailers in UK that will drive incremental revenue achieving and exceeding budgeted top-line sales & bottom-line contribution.
This position will be responsible for development new partnerships in various retail channels that will include DIY, Craft & Stationery which is Sugru’s primary focus but there are also Consumer Electronics, Outdoors & Sports and Gifting. The position will also be responsible for developing and managing key relationships with distribution as well as manufacturer representative partnerships where applicable
The UK account manager will work directly with both the Sales Lead as well as other internal stakeholders to understand and implement market strategies and provide feedback that will be essential for business development. The UK Account Manager will have a critical role in providing geographic competitive & market insights that will be used to further the company’s retail strategy
The KPI’s will be revenue top & bottom line as well as penetration & rotation.
- Work to deliver the company's sales strategy as part of a fast-growing team facing ambitious global sales targets
- Drive retail channel with on-boarding new customers, building strong commercial relationships across the territory and continue to optimise their performance for long term success
- Establish and execute account plans for strategic retail and distribution partnerships.
- Provide regular input to demand forecast planning to update customer needs and changes in demand at a SKU level.
- Establish and maintain key customer relationships. Communicate all relevant customer information to Sales Lead.
- Represent Sugru to the customer at a strategic level & internally provide a strategic customer perspective to drive the relationships between Sugru and its customers
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently with all in-house functions to get Sugru ready for new customers and markets
- Weekly update One Note customer/opportunity tracking report
- Submit regular expense reports
- Travel as needed for customer meetings and training opportunities.
- Provide weekly input to changes in customer sell through data.
- Attend weekly sales update meetings
- Monitor daily and weekly sales reports for customer activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent first-hand knowledge of the UK retail market and its key retailers, demonstrating a proven track record in consumer product sales
- Identifying, nurturing and developing mutually-beneficial relationships with retailers, their staff and their customers all over UK
- Managed key strategic partnerships at corporate buying level
- Experience with both distribution and manufacturer representatives
- Attention to detail and always customer focused
- Ability to generate ideas, identify opportunities and always apply a proactive approach to the growth of Sugru
- An understanding of and interest in social media, online marketing and communications
- Corporate presentations & trade show attendance
- Working with software, Excel and retailer’s own tools to maintain excellent levels of detail relating to all sales relationships.
Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills:
- Tenacity to maximise the best commercial sales opportunities
- Strategic approach to account management
- Excellent communication, presentation & influencing skills
- Strong numeracy
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Good interpersonal awareness & ability to adapt & deliver in an evolving environment
- consumer sales: 2 years
- sales into retailers: 2 years
- Account Management: 4 years
*This position is mostly office based with flexibility for some ad hoc home working and field based travel.
Salary circa £40-45K, depending on experience, PLUS bonus and benefits