We’re looking for an energetic, communicative Office Assistant, to support our busy Office Manager. You’ll help to deliver an effective, employee focused, professional service to meet the operational needs of the department and business. In doing so, you’ll be able to progress your career within an exciting, lively, sociable environment!Read more…
You’ll have at least one to two years solid Office experience, strong IT, customer service and multi-tasking skills, all underpinned with a can-do attitude. You’ll have excellent verbal and written English, and you’ll be able to communicate effectively with everyone in the business, including senior management and board members!
As part of your role, you’ll:
- Carry out day to day reception duties, greeting and looking after visitors with a friendly and professional manner.
- Assist the Office Manager on all administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office.
- Offer day to day desktop IT support.
- Support and maintain the paper & online filing systems.
- Efficiently facilitate the process of travel related bookings for internal employees, ensuring costs are kept within a strict budget.
- Support the Office Manager in the documentation of Intellectual Property (including tracking of trademarks, domains, patent renewals).
- Support the Office Manager with the organisation of team & corporate events.
- Support the Office Manager in the tracking of the department budget.
- Coordinate product samples.
- Ensure that office & kitchen supplies are maintained and stock is re-ordered and replenished on a regular basis.
- Assist the Office Manager to implement the in-house rules effectively and efficiently.
- Be responsible for the daily post, incoming & outgoing, and distribute to all internal employees.
You’ll have at least one to two years experience of working in a busy office, ideally within a growing business and you’ll enjoy a varied role, where no two days are the same.
You’ll have strong IT skills, including MS Office and Google-suite (Email/Drive/Calendar etc) and ideally be able to offer basic desktop support to internal staff, or at least be willing to learn.
You’ll be happy to roll your sleeves up to get things done and you’ll be able to prioritise your workload effectively to meet required deadlines. You’ll also:
- Be a articulate and clear communicator, friendly, open and flexible.
- Be a positive individual with a ‘can do’ approach, who enjoys troubleshooting.
- Have a service orientated approach, demonstrating reliability and professionalism at all times.
- Be happy to assist with general office projects as and when needed.
- Have an ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Display excellent organisational skills and flexibility.
- Be able to think on your feet to offer solutions where needed.
- Be educated to at least GCSE standard (Grade C Maths/English) or equivalent.
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Sugru is an equal opportunities employer.