The role of the Production Engineer is required to carry out all the corrective and preventative maintenance of all equipment and machinery on site to maintain a high level of machine availability and performance. It is also required to lead and develop Engineering & Continuous Improvement Projects on time and within budget.Read more…
- Be hands on and proactive to deal with production and engineering problems as they arise and coordinate relevant corrective actions,
- Ensure that we carry out necessary preventative maintenance tasks on a daily / weekly / monthly basis to minimize downtime / breakdowns and maintain performance at stablished standards (based on OEE)
- Manage and communicate internal KPIs. Implement and maintain OEE as main KPI for engineering
- Lead continuous improvement projects focused both on equipment and processes used in manufacturing
- Health & Safety: Ensure safe procedures are maintained to a high standard and that all personnel are operating all equipment safely. (eg. Fitting E-stops, guards, covers, ventilation improvements etc).
- Monitoring the use of and updating inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment, including the purchases of maintenance items,
- Coordinate the replacement of equipment managing CAPEX investments
- Departmental budget and expenditure control
- Remote and/or on-site support in Mexico when required
Factory environment. Some travel may be required (up to 20% per year)
Secondary job functions:
Performs additional tasks as directed.
On-site support in Mexico for strategic projects
Machines and equipment used:
Manufacturing machinery used including: Industrial Mixer, Sealers, Extruders
Factory equipment used including: AC Units, Printers,
General office equipment used including: PC and related software, Smartsheet, and Microsoft Office package.
3D CAD design software for engineering used including: Solidworks, AutoCAD
Experience & qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience working in a Production engineering / Maintenance position
- Engineering Degree / Certifications is a plus
- Previous experience working with industrial sealers, mixers, extruders
- A proven track record of working within the Lean Six sigma methodologies. OEE, TPM, SMED…
- Project management skills.
- Experience researching for new suppliers/technologies
- Fluent in English (95%), Spanish is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel).
- Experience with PLC programming is a plus
- Exercises judgement within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Capability to work under pressure and team work oriented.
Remuneration: £25-28k depending on experience
Sugru is an equal opportunities employer
FormFormForm Ltd is our Company. We invented Sugru, the world’s first truly mouldable glue, and we make, ship, market and sell it to people everywhere from our base in East London. Our brand promise is centred on empowering people to enjoy fixing and improving things. We aim to innovate wherever we need to, including in our manufacturing. Our core technology is already patented and our challenge is to deliver and manage our growth to the benefit of our employees, customers and shareholders. If you’re looking for excitement, challenge and learning in a career that can grow as we grow, we’re looking forward to hearing all about you.
Don’t just send us your CV, tell us all about you!
Email your CV to [email protected]