How to make a hook anywhere you need it
Organising and hanging stuff on surfaces like tiles, furniture and at your desk is a real pain. You don't want to drill into these kind of surfaces. This simple guide will show you how to create hooks anywhere you want them - on kitchen tiles, in the shower, at your desk.
Sugru Mouldable Glue is a perfect solution for this because:
- You can mould the hooks perfectly for the thing you want to hang
- It bonds to almost any surface
- Sugru is removable from non-porous surfaces if you need to remove it later (great if you're renting!)
What you need to make a hook
- One single-use pack of Sugru
- Time to do this fix: 5 minutes
Roll the Sugru into a ball and press onto the wall.
We have made a light yellow by colour mixing. Learn how to make custom Sugru colours.
Push the Sugru firmly into the wall to create a strong bond, and then mould the Sugru into the shape of a cone.
Your Sugru cone should look something like this.
Gently curve the tip of the cone upwards to create your hook.
Once you are happy with the shape of your hook, leave it to set for 12-24 hours.
Depending on the thickness of the application, for load-bearing projects, allow up to 48 hours for Sugru to fully set.
Once the Sugru is set, your hook is ready for action!