Sugru is the new self-setting rubber for fixing, modifying and making stuff.
Sugru can be formed and shaped by hand for up to 30 minutes once it has been removed from its packaging.
Sticks to almost anything
Sugru forms a strong bond to metal, ceramics, glass, wood and some plastics like perspex and ABS and rubbers like silicone and butyl rubber.
Air cures at room temperature
Sugru is like modelling clay when you take it from its pack. Once it's exposed to air, it cures to a tough flexible silicone overnight using the moisture in the air.
The Sugru gallery - this place belongs to you! This is where we publish the best of the fixes, mods, hacks and improvements sent to us by Sugru users every month. Whether you're a pro, or just getting started, share your projects with us — you might even win some free Sugru!
Make a LEGO key & cable holder
Did you know that LEGO figures are the perfect match to the apple lightning cable? Actually it fits a lot more cable types. Since I discovered this by accident it’s my way of organizing things @ and around my desk. The picture shows my prototype version of a combined key and cable holder. I love it, since it’s not just putting things were they belong but for their flexibility and the sight of the beloved LEGO pieces.
That’s what you need to do:
- sugru a LEGO brick or plate, whatever size you like, to your desk, wall, LCD, car…
- Attach a LEGO figure to it
- Attach a LEGO brick to your key ring
- Attach your keys to the plate
- Place a box with your favorite LEGO minifigures in the drawer and exchange them whenever you like depending on your mood. For me it’s also working as an presence indicator, e.g. I’m using a special figure while I’m off in a meeting. My colleagues got used to it and know what’s going on.
It’s not just that sugru loves LEGO – LEGO loves sugru too. Sounds like a never ending lovestory!
Check out our sugru ❤ LEGO section for loads more ideas like this
- 1 Uploads
- 8 Hearts
- 0 Fixes