Microwaste Filtering Laundry Bag by Guppyfriend$34.95
Scientifically approved solution against microplastic pollution from washing clothes
With each wash, countless plastic fibres from synthetic textiles are making their way from washing machines into rivers and oceans. The Guppyfriend Washing Bag filters out the tiniest of microfibers released from textiles during washing.
This self-cleaning fabric bag (which doesn’t lose any fibres itself) is made of a specially designed micro-filter material. Simply collect the fibres and dispose of them properly. It reduces fibre shedding and protects your clothes.
Why we love this cool product
Jane says: “The Guppyfriend Washing Bag is awesome not only because it reduces pollution, but also because it’s such an effective daily reminder to change our buying habits and washing rituals.”
- Dimensions of bag: One Size: L 74cm x W 50cm
- Dimensions of outer box: L 20cm x W 10cm x D 5cm
- Apart from the zipper, the bag is made entirely of untreated polyamide 6.6. If the zipper is removed, the bag can be recycled
- Maximum temperature to wash at is 40°C/104°F. Do not tumble dry or iron
- 86% less fibre breakage of garments when washed in Guppyfriend Washing Bag
Designed and made in Germany by Alexander Nolte and Oliver Spies, co-owners of the German surf and outdoor apparel retailer, Langbrett, with the aim of tackling microplastic pollution.